Children are often said to be “mini-adults,” but the truth is, children have many needs that are specific to them. The same can be said about their teeth. Children’s teeth and jaws are continually growing and changing. Their dental problems are different than those of adults, and they should be seen by a dentist for children who has been trained to treat them correctly.
The Best Service for Your Favorite Loved One.
What Services do a Children's Dentist Provide?
Children’s dentists are dedicated to the oral health of children from infants through teen years. As a parent, you’d most likely prefer to prevent a dental problem than treat one, and so would we. At Smilebar by the Matthews Dentist, we provide many different services to care for your child’s gums, teeth and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood. We provide services such as:
- Oral Health Exam for Infants: This includes a risk assessment for the mother and the child. It predicts future cavity development based on the evaluation of several factors.
- Preventative Dental Care: This includes dental cleanings, fluoride treatments, nutrition and diet recommendations. Dental cleaning removes plaque build-ups which can cause tooth decay if left unhandled. Fluoride treatment builds healthy teeth and prevents cavities.
- Cavity treatments: A cavity is a common problem among children. Your child’s dentist will treat any cavities as well as advise your child about dental hygiene to prevent future cavities.
- Your child’s dentist treats and repairs defects caused by nutritional deficiencies, infections or medical conditions.
- Orthodontics: Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth as well as correcting an improper bite.
- Oral condition diagnosis: conditions associated with diseases such as hay fever, diabetes, asthma, a heart defect and such.
- Dental injuries: Your child’s dentist will also repair dental injuries like chipped tooth and cracked tooth among others.
- Habit counseling: Counseling associated with thumb sucking and pacifiers that most children get used to during infancy. These habits can have an adverse effect on the child’s teeth structure.
Why Should My Child See a Kid-Friendly Dentist?
A child doesn’t always open up freely to anyone. They sometimes find it difficult to communicate, especially to a stranger. Having your child or children seen by a kid-friendly dentist can make the experience more pleasant for them in the following ways:
- Comfortable Treatment of Children – Children are not always patient during treatment and may feel anxious. At Smilebar by the Matthews Dentist, our dental professionals are experienced with treating children in a safe and comforting manner.
- Advice on Habits – Children have unique habits, such as thumb sucking and the use of pacifiers, that can affect their oral health. A friendly children’s dentist can help them avoid these practices.
- Brochures and Educational Materials – We provide brochures and educational material that can be very helpful throughout the growth of your children. These materials will help you understand and manage your child’s dental health.
- Establish a Positive Relationship with the Dentist – Our dentists can help your children establish a healthy and positive relationship with dentistry, which can help them continue to maintain proper oral health practices into adulthood. Introducing dental hygiene at an early age will help them manage their oral health throughout their life.
- Communication – A dentist’s chair can sometimes seem like a scary place for a child. Our dentists have experience dealing with young patients and can communicate well so as to minimize fear and help them enjoy their time at the dentist.
Give Your Child a Trusted Children's Dentist!
At Smilebar by the Matthews Dentist, we believe in great dentistry for kids. It is important to establish healthy patterns at an early stage in a child’s life. It is our privilege to treat your child. Call for your appointment today!